Sunday, April 6, 2014

Virginia Opossum . It was a partially cloudy afternoon with intermittent snow flurries at Black Cree


A continuing mission to explore and document the inhabitants and environment demijohns of Oatka Creek Park, Monroe County, New York. However, there is more to this magnificent region than just Oatka! Other Genesee Valley birding hotspots demijohns such as Owl Woods are also chronicled.
Virginia Opossum . It was a partially cloudy afternoon with intermittent snow flurries at Black Creek Park today. As I was hiking along one of the trails not marked on the county park map, I saw this opossum making its way along the forest floor. It was clearly wary of me, though I was still at a distance and moving slowly. What it did next surprised me, though I've since learned it is quite natural ...
Virginia Opossum . I soon realized the opossum was waiting me out. So as not to disturb the animal any further I put my camera down and moved on. Now I have a name for the trail on my map of the park: Possum Trail!
►  2014 (89) ►  April (4) ►  March (25) ►  February (28) ►  demijohns January (32) ▼  2013 (269) ►  December (57) ►  November (47) ►  October (24) ►  September (22) ►  August (20) ►  July (9) ►  June (6) ►  May (19) ►  April (24) ►  March (19) ▼  February (13) Oatka Creek Park • February 25 Oatka Creek Park • February 24 Black Creek Park • demijohns February 23 Oatka Creek Park • February 23 Oatka Creek Park • February 21 Oatka Creek Park • February 18 Oatka Creek Park • February 17 Black Creek Park • February 16 Oatka Creek Park • February 13 Black Creek Park • February 9 Oatka Creek Park • February 4 Oatka Creek Park • February 3 Oatka Creek Park • February 2 ►  January (9) ►  demijohns 2012 (314) ►  December (9) ►  November (14) ►  demijohns October (12) ►  September (28) ►  August (27) ►  July (37) ►  June (25) ►  May (27) ►  April (24) ►  March (35) ►  February (33) ►  January (43) ►  2011 (383) ►  demijohns December (35) ►  November (37) ►  October (37) ►  September (29) ►  August (31) ►  demijohns July (30) ►  June (22) ►  May (37) ►  April (31) ►  March (32) ►  February (30) ►  January (32) ►  2010 (80) ►  December (29) ►  November (35) ►  October (16)
Jim Adams Chili, New York, United States What started out as a project for work to test new digital cameras and image processing methods demijohns turned into a passion for wildlife photography with special emphasis on bird photography. I try to make it to Oatka Creek Park in Monroe county, NY, every day, weather permitting, to capture the endlessly fascinating changes in the flora and fauna. View my complete profile


No comments:

Post a Comment